AUR30620 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
Units of Competency: 36 Units
|1.||AURAEA002||Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace|
|2.||AURASA102||Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace|
|3.||AURETR112||Test and repair basic electrical circuits|
|4.||AURETR123||Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems|
|5.||AURETR125||Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles|
|6.||AURETR129||Diagnose and repair charging systems|
|7.||AURETR130||Diagnose and repair starting systems|
|8.||AURETR131||Diagnose and repair ignition systems|
|9.||AURLTD104||Diagnose and repair light vehicle steering systems|
|10.||AURLTB103||Diagnose and repair light vehicle hydraulic braking systems|
|11.||AURLTD105||Diagnose and repair light vehicle suspension systems|
|12.||AURLTE102||Diagnose and repair light vehicle engines|
|13.||AURLTZ101||Diagnose and repair light vehicle emission control systems|
|14.||AURTTA104||Carry out servicing operations|
|15.||AURTTA118||Develop and carry out diagnostic test strategies|
|16.||AURTTB101||Inspect and service braking systems|
|17.||AURTTC103||Diagnose and repair cooling systems|
|18.||AURTTE104||Inspect and service engines|
|19.||AURTTF101||Inspect and service petrol fuel systems|
|20.||AURTTK102||Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace|
|1.||AURTTK001||Use and maintain measuring equipment in an automotive workplace|
|2.||AURTTA105||Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives|
|3.||AURETR132||Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems|
|4.||AURETR128||Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems|
|5.||AURETR124||Diagnose and repair compression ignition engine management systems|
|6.||AURTTF105||Diagnose and repair engine forced-induction systems|
|7.||AURTTZ102||Diagnose and repair exhaust systems|
|8.||AURTTX102||Inspect and service manual transmissions|
|9.||AURTTX103||Inspect and service automatic transmissions|
|10.||AURLTX103||Diagnose and repair light vehicle clutch systems|
|11.||AURTTQ001||Inspect and service final drive assemblies|
|12.||AURTTQ103||Inspect and service drive shafts|
|13.||AURLTJ011||Select light vehicle wheels and tyres|
|14.||AURLTJ113||Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies|
|15.||AURTTJ011||Balance wheels and tyres|
|16.||AURTTA017||Carry out vehicle safety inspections|
Please note choice of electives may vary based on the employment outcome appropriate to a student’s needs, qualification requirement and our ability to deliver.
- Completion of Year 12 or high school or equivalent in applicant’s home country (Subject to the country Assessment Level).
- International Students must be over 18 years of age before commencing studies.
- There are no course specific requirements for this course
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- International Students must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- International students who do not have English as first language will need to show that they are capable of completing the course successfully by meeting at least one of the following entry requirements:
- An IELTS score (Academic Module) of 5.5 with no individual band score less than 5.0, or
- Certificate IV or Higher of AQF qualification or
- PTE, with the minimum of overall 43 score (at least 36 score in each module)
- Students with 5.0 bands will be considered if they have complete ELICOS program for a minimum period of 10 weeks
- NYC in house English Placement Test for onshore applicants from Level 1 & 2 countries only
Note: All applicants from Level 3 countries must sit IELTS or PTE and obtain the required score before seeking enrolment in this course.
Inquire today to receive our customised payment plan.
The course is delivered Face to Face in a classroom and an industrial-grade automotive workshop.
We will also organise 360 hours of work placement for you which can be paid or unpaid. Please note, you must meet all your obligation before commencing your work placement.
- 20 Hours face to face classroom (or virtual*) training including training in the automotive workshop provided by PAGE Institute
*Please note face to face training may be delivered virtually due to covid-19 restrictions. Further information will be provided at the time of enrolment.
The anticipated duration of this course is 82 weeks. However, it may be significantly shorter depending on the factors such as CTs and RPL.
Please note as a student visa holder the duration of course may impact your visa conditions. We strongly recommend you contact the department of home affairs for more information.
We use a range of theory and practical assessment activities for each unit of competency to determine whether you’re competent.
The activities include but not limited to:
- Theoretical assessments such as Written Questions, Oral Questions, Assignments, Projects, Case Studies
- Practical assessments such as Role Plays, Demonstration Tasks, Presentations, Workplace Observations
You may be eligible to apply for credit transfer (CT) and/or RPL because of your previous studies and/or experience.
You must discuss this with us prior to enrolling in any course. We will take you through a process to help you substantiate your claims. More information will be made available to you upon request.
RPL is an assessment process that involves the assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal, and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.
Credit Transfer simply means we recognise your previous studies in Australia relevant to the course you’re applying to do with us. All of the completed units relevant to the course you undertake with us need not be completed again.