SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Units of Competency: 33 Units
Manage diversity in the workplace
Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Use food preparation equipment
Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
Prepare appetisers and salads
Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
Prepare poultry dishes
Prepare seafood dishes
Prepare meat dishes
Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
Produce cakes, pastries and breads
Work effectively as a cook
Plan and cost basic menus
Develop menus for special dietary requirements
Coordinate cooking operations
Manage finances within a budget
Use hygienic practices for food safety
Participate in safe food handling practices
Coach others in job skills
Lead and manage people
Maintain the quality of perishable items
Monitor work operations
- Completion of Year 12 or high school or equivalent in applicant’s home country (Subject to the country Assessment Level).
- International Students must be over 18 years of age before commencing studies.
- There are no course specific requirements for this course
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- International Students must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- International students who do not have English as first language will need to show that they are capable of completing the course successfully by meeting at least one of the following entry requirements:
- An IELTS score (Academic Module) of 5.5 with no individual band score less than 5.0, or
- Certificate IV or Higher of AQF qualification or
- PTE, with the minimum of overall 43 score (at least 36 score in each module)
- Students with 5.0 bands will be considered if they have complete ELICOS program for a minimum period of 10 weeks
- NYC in house English Placement Test for onshore applicants from Level 1 & 2 countries only
Note: All applicants from Level 3 countries must sit IELTS or PTE and obtain the required score before seeking enrolment in this course.
Inquire today to receive our customised payment plan.
The course is delivered Face to Face in a classroom and an industrial grade commercial kitchen facility organised by us.
You are also required to complete 48 service periods (minimum of 4 hours per service period paid or unpaid) in a real work environment during your studies. You will receive full support from Page Institute in order to secure your vocational placement.
- 20 Hours face to face classroom (or virtual*) training including training in the commercial kitchen provided by PAGE Institute
*Please note face to face training may be delivered virtually due to covid-19 restrictions. Further information will be provided at the time of enrolment.
Anticipated duration of this course is 72 weeks. However, it may be significantly shorter depending on the factors such as CTs and RPL.
Please note as a student visa holder the duration of course may impact your visa conditions. We strongly recommend you contact the department of home affairs for more information.
We use a range of theory and practical assessment activities for each unit of competency to determine whether you’re competent.
The activities include but not limited to:
- Theoretical assessments such as Written Questions, Oral Questions, Assignments, Projects, Case Studies
- Practical assessments such as Role Plays, Demonstration Tasks, Presentations, Workplace Observations
You may be eligible to apply for credit transfer (CT) and/or RPL because of your previous studies and/or experience. You must discuss this with us prior to enrolling in any course. We will take you through a process to help you substantiate your claims. More information will be made available to you upon request.
RPL is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.
Credit Transfer simply means we recognise your previous studies in Australia relevant to the course you’re applying to do with us. All of the completed units relevant to the course you undertake with us need not be completed again.