The Easiest Way To Secure Your Permanent Residency In Australia If You Do It Right!
Did you know a certificate in commercial cookery (trade qualification) can become your pathway to PR in Australia?
Let us help you navigate your way to become a permanent resident in Australia by guiding you to choose the right course and a fulfilling career.
There is no denying that Australia is one of the most popular destination for students all over the world. Especially after how successfully Australia handled the coronavirus crisis.
A lot of international students in Australia fall in love the country and aspire to become a permanent resident if they get the opportunity.
As an international student there are a number of courses you can choose that meet your career aspirations and help you achieve your goals. Choosing the right course is a daunting task and a wrong decision can cost you a lot of money, energy and time.
Therefore, it is very important that you take the time to do your research and make sure you’re not putting your future at risk by making a wrong choice.
So why is a certificate in commercial cookery very popular among international students?
There are 2 main reasons:
- Australia being one of the top tourist destinations and home to one of the best restaurants in the world, it is no surprise that we need trained professionals to lead the way. Chefs and hospitality professionals have been in demand in Australia for decades and still continue to be so.
- Because of the massive demand, the chef occupation has been included in a Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) list meaning anyone with a certificate in commercial cookery or hospitality and associated experience can apply for the relevant visas such as:
- 190 – Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)
- 407 – Training visa (subclass 407)
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) – Short Term Stream
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) State or Territory nominated
What is. the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and how does it work?
The Australian government conducts research in order to identify and fulfill workforce demands of an industry in short-term, medium-term and long-term.
STSOL is a list of occupations that have been determined by the department of home affairs to be high in demand.
This means anyone with a qualification belonging to the STSOL list can apply for a range of permanent and temporary visas if they meet the eligibility criteria. You can read more about the eligibility criteria here.
Why should I choose commercial cookery course over other courses?
The main reason behind choosing a commercial cookery course is that you don’t need any specialised skills in order to start this course. Unlike other courses and industries, occupational standards for cooking are not very different across the world.
After completing this course and completing your vocational placement in the Australian food industry, you will have knowledge and experience to work anywhere in the world.
During and after completing your course, you will be exposed to world-class restaurants representing a very colourful food culture in every part of Australia.
These qualifications are recognised in all major countries across the world. All North American and most European countries accept Australian qualifications so if you want to travel the world working as a chef, you can do it.
How much can I get paid working as a chef in Australia?
As per job outlook your average pay can be up to $1,250 per week.
What is the normal duration of a commercial cookery course and how much would it cost?
The duration of the course can be up to 24 months depending on your situation. The cost of the course ranges from $14,000 to $32,000.
How do I get started?
At Page Institute, we offer SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery and SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management to both domestic and international students. We offer monthly intakes to offer more flexibilities to our students.
Why should I choose Page Institute?
Below are the top reasons why we think we can offer you an ultimate study experience
- We have over 100 years of combined industry experience which means you will be trained under a highly qualified and experienced teachers
- Due to our extensive network of hospitality businesses that we work with for our domestic students, we are in a unique position to offer you a vocational placement that none of our competitors do
- Our fee is extremely reasonable, and we offer flexible payment options saving you a lot of money
- We have a world-class training and kitchen facility to make sure you’ve a pleasant experience studying with us
Still got questions, fill in the inquiry form and one of our dedicated student support officers will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
For more information, choose one of the courses from the link below and request a free course guide.